I miss the beach. I love the mountains, but the ocean always calls.
Some beaches are better than others, and the Seychelles has some of the best. Recently, this beautiful island nation has opened for tourism. The sheer distance involved in travelling to the Indian Ocean has made this news, less than newsworthy. However, for those of you that live in Denver. I do want to tell you something.
There are 8 days this summer where you can fly with one stop, to the Seychelles. The price, in Economy, is typical for such a distant and small place, about $1650. What is odd is that a 100% refundable version of that ticket is just $1950. The deal here is in business class, $4300. $4300 is an excellent price, but what is more is that price is refundable less a $500 penalty. Normally that’s a good deal at twice that price.
The downside is that there is a very long connection in Europe on the way there. A single connection is possible on the return as well, but only with an overnight, otherwise, it does take two connections to return. Unless Europe clears for the vaccinated, then going to the Seychelles will mean staying in the Airport. That airport does have accommodation options in the secure area, they are hard to find.
As a destination, the Seychelles are quite chi-chi. Amal and George, William and Kate, are some of the more notable recent honeymooners there. Many of you who think you have seen some great beaches would get to the Seychelles only to find themselves staring, for the first time, at one of the world’s truly great beaches.
If you are interested in details about this Journey, please just let me know.
- Top Tips for G7 Leaders - and Travelers Like Us - to Experience Cornwall
- New, Luxury Water Park Makes a ‘Splash’ in the Bahamas
- How Can Travel Lovers Celebrate World Tapas Day?
- 'Revenge Travel' is the Latest Trend - And Here's How to Get Some
- PLACES WE MISS VOLUME 7: The Western Cape and the Turbine Boutique hotel
- Travel Companies Offering Free Vacations to Frontline Workers - and How You Can Get Involved
- This Cruise Line Kicked Guests off a Cruise. Here's Why it's Good News for You and Cruise Travel
- Milan's Shuttered Duomo will Ring with the Voice of an 'Angel' as Bocelli Performs Easter Concert
- And Now For Some Good News In Travel
- Open for Optimism